Fly Reels - Line Winder
The Line Winder is a small tool but a big help.
Please watch the video.
This winder can be used with the following reel series:
Dual-Mode by Henschel
Ulti-Mode by Henschel
After the fishing in the salt it is always a need to clean the line and the backing.
For that a lot of yds/m of line and backing are to unwind + wind up again.
The material of the Winder is corrosion resistant stainless steel.
Price: US$ 42, please order by email.
- Tighten the drag
- Remove the screw on the backside of the fram.
- Remove the spool of the frame
- Install the winder to a drill or an electric screwdriver. It would be practical to have the drill mounted on a stand
- Screw the winder to the spool, not too tight, only flush with the O-ring. This can be done using the drill at slow speed
- Tighten, but not too tight, the counternut by hand or using the tool delivered with the winder. The spool will turn at the same time, you should hold the drill to prevent it to turn. Do not tighten too much, you could damage the screw.
- Wind the backing on the spool with the proper tension. Be carefully, otherwise the backing can cut into your fingers - After the winding, hold the drill while loosening the counternut with the tool.
- Unscrew the winder from the spool, the drill should be turning left
- Mount the spool to the frame - Relaese the drag.